AEROSPACE TOOL DESIGNER
Custom metal fabrication company in O’Fallon, Missouri is looking for an extremely motivated AEROSPACE TOOL DESIGNER who can assist and support our company’s growing engineering design staff. Excellent communication skills with coworkers, including design project managers and production/materials planners, as well as vendors and customers are a must. WB Industries has been a proven resource for quality custom solutions in the metal and structural fabrication, welding, machining and tooling. WB Industries is driven by our Mission, Vision and Values and is proud of its long standing commitment to the customers we serve.
- Self-directed. Works with minimal supervision.
- Responsible for generating 2-D and 3-D solid modeling and satisfy design plan requirements. Must adhere to design review process.
- Knowledgeable in functionality of a variety of tools and tooling materials.
- Possess some knowledge of customer design standards including how to access CAD supplied design standards as needed.
- Must be able to properly interrogate customer supplied models to produce effective designs.
- Ability to develop some efficient designs utilizing standard commercial items whenever possible.
- Ability to cross-check some design work.
- Comply fully with electronic document and manual document control system.
- Understand and work to all QMS procedures and work instructions.
- Work in the most efficient manner and deliver design within or before required due date and budgeted hours.
- Must be able to achieve quality and production goals.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
Adequate level of skill in reading complex blueprints, including:
– Ability to identify and find specifications.
– Knowledgeable in geometric tolerances (understand and recognize all symbols).
– Thorough understanding of general tolerances.
– Comprehend sections and views.
- Understands reference systems.
- A 4 year engineering degree preferred, but 2 year degreed applicants are encouraged to apply if they have enough experience.
- Some knowledge in SIEMENS UG and SOLIDWORKS useful.
- MS Office Suite knowledge helpful.
- Three years minimum experience working in CATIA.
- Three or more years in tool design.
- Preferred Aerospace tool design experience.
- Due to the nature of work performed with our facilities, U.S. citizenship, lawful permanent resident (Green Card), refugees and those given asylum in the United States, and temporary residents granted amnesty status is required.
WB Industries seeks to fill this position with exceptionally talented and self-motivated individual. Salary commensurate with experience. WB Industries offers Competitive Salary with a full benefits package including Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, paid Vacation and Holiday time, Matching 401K, and much more, as well as the opportunity for growth within an expanding organization.
WB Industries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.